WhiFinCog

For Whittaker-Finch-Cognetti Family & Friends To Blog Till They Can Blog No More!

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Day 3
We went on a shore excursion with the ship. It was called Taste of Dubronik and we went to different local vineyards and tasted wine along with a light lunch. It was really nice, Dubrovnik is beautiful and I could really see myself coming back here. We almost missed our excursion since Robert was taking forever getting our laundry ready. On our last cruise when they would tell you to come to the meeting point for the excursion it would take forever till you were actually called to go. Not on this ship that is for sure. They are all about being prompt. But, somehow we made it as the last people on the full bus for the excursion.
We had a really late night last night like to 3am in the piano bar. We got back so late we could not even request breakfast in our room in the morning since it has to be requested before 2am. Actually, we thought we were getting it since we placed our order on our door but we found out this morning it was still hanging there! Last night was a formal night. We had the Surf & Turf for dinner with a bottle of good champagne. The best part of the meal was the dessert which was called "Mud Pie" it was the best ice cream cake I have ever had. The whole having a dinner time thing that I wasn't so sure about really is the way to go. Unlike our first cruise that was free style, this cruise you have a dinner time with the same table and waiter every night. They even had violin music in the middle of the dining room. It reminded me of Titanic and looking around some people on the ship look like "ghosts of the Titanic".
I must have looked like really bad the first night on the ship because more then one person who we had meet the previous night kept going on and on about how "I clean up well!" Well, I did have my hair done which I am sure helped but you would have to think that I had a whole makeover the way these people reacted.
We meet the people from Cruise Critics before dinner last night. They all seemed very nice and they were not "ghosts of the Titanic" so that is cool. We are spending our day in Rome with them. Of course, they all just wanted to ask us about Baghdad.
Tomorrow is a day at sea. So I think I will hang out by the pool and maybe go get a facial. Rob went for a facial and his skin looks fabulous. He is getting a massage right now. He is a little "Salon Hoe Metro-Sexual Want-To Be"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home