WhiFinCog

For Whittaker-Finch-Cognetti Family & Friends To Blog Till They Can Blog No More!

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Shee_rah77's 1st & Favs For Music

1. What was the first band you saw in concert?I have been going to concerts since before I can remember so I going to base this on concerts that I actually wanted to go to!
The first concert that I was the actually ticket holder was Belinda Carlisle for my 11th or 12th B-Day. Now, the first band that I requested to go to would be Posion in either 1989 or 1990. I know people who will be reading this remember that concert and how we got right up near the stage. My mom and her friend Peggy were with me and my sister during the whole concert. When it got rough up front, Peggy elbowed a man in the kidney since he kept pushing on my sister.
2. Who is your favorite artist/band now?
Dave Matthews Band-that for sure hands down but I have a wide variety of music tastes so my favorite country band right now would be Rascal Flatts and you cannot forget the classics like Billy Joel, Elton John, and Bob Seager! Or the country classics like Waylon, Willie and Merle.
3. What's your favorite song?
Of all time would have to be Merle Haggard-Are the Good Times Really Over ( I Wish A Buck Was Still Silver)
Ok I can't help myself I must incluse the lyrics...just a sidenote-when I actually seen Merle a few years ago he did not sing this song and I along with many others in the audience could not believe it!
I wish a buck was still silver and it was back when the country was strong.
Back before Elvis and before the Vietnam war came along.
Before the Beatles and yesterday when a man could still work and still would.
Is the best of the free life behind us now and are the good times really over for good ?
Are we rollin' downhill like a snowball headed for hell?
With no kind of chance for the flag or the liberty bell?
I wish a Ford or a Chevy would still last ten years like they should.
Is the best of the free life behind us now and are the good times really over for good?
I wish Coke was still cola and a joint was a bad place to be.
It was back before Nixon lied to us all on TV.
Before Microwave ovens when a girl could still cook, and still would.
Is the best of the free life behind us now and are the good times really over for good ?
Are we rollin' downhill like a snowball headed for hell?
With no kind of chance for the flag or the liberty bell?
I wish a Ford or a Chevy would still last ten years like they should.
Is the best of the free life behind us now and are the good times really over for good?
Stop rollin' downhill like a snowball headed for hell.
Standup for the flag, and let's all ring the liberty bell.
Let's make a Ford and a Chevy that'll still last ten years like they should...
The best of the free life is still yet to come and the good times ain't really

4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?
The Saxophone-I just love the way it sounds and people always look Ultra Cool playing it!

5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why?
Elvis-I have always been really into Elvis and meeting him.. Wait can I pick the year I would want to meet him in? Ok, I can. Like around 1958 when he was hot and before he meet Priscilla!
Presently I would like to meet Dave Matthews and have a beer with him in the bar he started at in VA!

Ok again everyone I would like you to participate but if you decide you do not have time for such nonsense I totally understand. I did actually get BoNy to particpate in last weeks and I think he really enjoyed it but he expected more comments and was disapointed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home